Electric Vehicle - Data Center - Telecom - Engineers - Motive Power - Utility - Solar - Wind - Energy Storage - Storage - UPS
+1 404-259-5961 direct
We strive to exceed your expectations by breaking barriers and changing the game. We can help fill jobs from midcareer to executives and C-level. Put our experience to work for you.
We have placed people in industries like:
We can help with:
Long-term & Short-term Projects
We boost your bottom line with a strong mission and a clear vision. We are dedicated to our clients, and they benefit from our success. If you want to grow your business and take it to the next level, call us today.
Our client uses polymers to extract lithium from aqueous sources of lithium including recycled feed stocks. We also use this polymer in our batteries. We are searching for a polymer scientist with commercially relevant experience who can help us develop and deploy our technology quickly. The most qualified individuals will have expertise in coatings, coating polymers onto metals and understanding compatibility with polymers in various medias.
If selected you will lead the effort in the fabrication of polymers, testing protocols and coating of a particular thickness onto substrates. You will work with our chemical engineer to understand the chemistry of different feedstock the polymer will come into contact with, and our Battery Development Director to target different thicknesses and mechanical properties.
We are searching for an Electrochemical Engineer to join our R&D team. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
● Build and maintain electrochemistry R&D infrastructure
● Comprehensive modeling of electrochemical systems, optimization and sensitivity analysis, charge-rate/capacity optimization, capacitive EDL vs Faradaic electron transfer optimization. Analyze charge transfer, chemical reactions, flow patterns, etc.
● Simulation of different operational conditions (charge-rate, gas composition, temperature, pressure) using developed models
● Guide design and fabrication of electrochemical/chemical/mechanical systems – including electrochemical cells, stacking of cells, gas flow channel geometry, etc.
● Assist in the development of experimental protocols for testing of electrochemical systems – study of cycle life and calendar life of electrodes and cells; multi-step models to study degradation processes; design of custom-made testing equipment
● Data analysis for performance optimization – prototype to product translation
● Overall engineering support.
● PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, with a focus on electrochemical systems and energy storage
● Laboratory experience of electrochemical techniques – CV, SWV, G/PITT, RDE, RRDE, CC/CV charge-discharge, EIS
● Advanced quantitative EIS interpretation – equivalent circuit design; data fitting
● Advanced quantitative understanding of electrochemical thermodynamics, kinetics and transport phenomena; interfacial phenomena; porous electrodes; double layer capacitance; charge transfer kinetics (with some quantum chemistry understanding), etc.
● Advanced mathematical knowledge (analytical and numerical solutions of PDEs, linear algebra, etc.); Mathematical modeling of complex electrochemical/chemical/mechanical systems
● Some experience in assembly of electrochemical cells (preferred) – fuel cells, flow cells, batteries, capacitors, etc.
● Some understanding of organic chemistry and reaction mechanism
● Excel, MATLAB (or equivalent), COMSOL (or equivalent), CAD software, data analysis, DigiElch (or equivalent), EIS simulation.
● Ability to work in cross-functional teams
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Comfortable working in an evolutionary and dynamic startup environment
1. Contact all customers and potential new customers as assigned in accordance with the Marketing Plan.
2. Maintain a high visibility and develop ongoing relationships with customers. Extreme importance is placed on maintaining a frequent call/contact plan in accordance with the Sales Plan.
3. Assist in planning the Annual Sales and Marketing Business Plan for each account as assigned
4. Make product presentations, consisting of new product introductions and review present offering to existing and potential new customers
5. Monitor quality problems reported by assigned customers, to include issuing formal complaints and expediting action to resolve problems, thereafter follow-up with the affected customer in writing, and ensure credits are issued at the earliest date possible under Company guidelines
6. Maintain records and files necessary for the proper management of customers assigned and in accordance with overall sales policy
· Customer contacts, pricing, bank stocks, tooling requests, quotes, etc., all to be confirmed in writing immediately
· Review sales by customer, by product in units and dollars annually and adjusted quarterly and reviewed with the Vice President Sales and Marketing
· Submit documentation and justification for all customer credits
· Place sample orders, expedite shipment and thereafter follow-up with customers
7. Report and conclude all problems relating to the product and/or service, working with the appropriate function, i.e., QC, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Scheduling, Accounting, etc.
8. Acquire and report all marketing information in the various areas, i.e., customers, competitors, vendors, etc., and other reports as required
9. Prepare Call Reports within five days of return trip
10. Prepare Expense Reports within ten days of return trip
11. Control sales expenses
12. All other duties as may be assigned
AUTHORITY: The above position has limited authority to negotiate contracts, however, authority beyond those limits may be granted with prior permission from the Vice President Sales and Marketing and/or the President.
We know that every hire is critical and each situation is unique.
Send us a message with your questions or concerns and we will respond immediately.
Executive Search Consultants with 33 years direct networking contacts across the industry.